Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Reality of a twilight dream

I was walking through a deep gorge,dwarfed by tall,green,upwardly unending trees. The patch of sky beyond the top of trees hung like a drape enhancing my seclusion from the world .Everything stood still under the spell of  hazy twilight .
slowly the early morning light started to move soundlessly over the tree tops .The sky started shedding its passive stillness and the glow of colours started drifting in . The first ray of sun fell on thin long blades of grass at the top of a gigantic boulder and they sprang like shimmering streams of an emrald fountain .
I reached a clearing .The mountains at the other end ,behind the dreamy blue haze ,with their head held high ,eager to kiss the glowing expanse of sky were inviting.
A mighty stream was flowing across the valley, dancing,prancing and curling over and around the soft skinned pebbles .I traced its movement back and was mesmerized by the stupendous downpour of a magnificient fall.As the twilight curtain was raising the gushing ,rushing and leaps of the cascade could be seen and felt .From a closure quarter ,the silence could have echoed with its resounding movements but from the point i was standing it gave a feeling of slithering movement of a symphony .
Seeping in the quiet and serenity i was looking for an ideal place to settle down comfortably with my back resting against a rock .I was ready to let myself just be ,to be one with the nature . just then a shrill sound pierced through  my consciousness. 
I woke up with a start to see my son's grinning face. 
"whats the matter?" I asked astounded. 
He kept grinning...."Nothing, today I got up early to study. just saw you sleeping with a blissful smile on your face...." 
"So...???" I had still not come to terms.
"So...i whistled into your ears....to wake you up....need some hot bournvita to solve my maths problems..." 
I heard him with the crash of a disturbed dream. Teeth, a little clinched, but he had such an infectious smile, I had no way but to smile back at him, leaving that heavenly solitude of gorge. I was into a different world filled with the humdrum of real dreams.Rightly said, twilight dreams translate into reality.....starting the day with his grin....such an heavenly feeling it was...


 heaven of my dreams...
photo courtesy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunder_iyer/

my real heaven....


written on jan1,2008 in Pune

No comments:

Post a Comment